Alongside the video and audio components of a video signal there is a wealth of data which is carried in the vertical blanking interval (VBI) of SD signals and in the VANC of HD signals.
This data is often referred to as ‘Ancillary Data’ and includes rich content such as Teletext, both pages and subtitles; private Teletext data streams such as packet 31 Teletext; wide screen signaling and AFD descriptors; timecode; and industry standard test signals.
Miranda has over 25 years expertise in the design and manufacture of ancillary data processing hardware and software solutions. Our products are widely deployed around the world and trusted by the most prestigious broadcasters.
Our range of ancillary data processing products includes:
- vFlex SD– Bridging, processing, encoding, and regenerating Teletext and other ancillary data in an SD SDI video signal
- vFlex HD – Bridging, processing, encoding, and regenerating Teletext (OP47) and other ancillary data in SD or HD video signals
- vFlex MC – Multi-channel encoding of Teletext subtitles onto SD or HD SDI video signals
- Oliver SE 3067 – Encoding and decoding of Softel Teletext (and white line) Ad Insertion (Opt) cues in SD and HD SDI video signals
- Oliver DVB – Encoding and decoding of Softel Teletext Ad Insertion (Opt) cues in DVB digital TV transport streams
- Swift vTX– Encoding and decoding of Teletext subtitles, and closed captions, to and from the VBI and VANC of MXF and other video files